The academy governors feel that wearing a uniform encourages a sense of belonging to and a pride in the academy. We also feel that it fosters in children the right kind of attitude towards their work, and we expect all the children to look smart, especially when representing the school on trips etc. by wearing the correct uniform in the proper way e.g. tucking in shirts.
The correct academy uniform should consist of:
- Grey/black trousers or skirts/pinafores
- Blue checked dress in summer (optional)
- Grey/black knee length shorts in summer (optional)
- Royal blue sweatshirts/cardigans (preferably with logo)
- White polo shirts (preferably with logo) for years FS2 to year 4
- White shirt and tie for years 5 and 6
- Sensible black school shoes or boots with sensible heels - no fashion boots and no trainers
- Hooded tops and leggings are not part of school uniform
Navy sweatshirts may still be worn for this academic year, however from September 2020 all sweatshirts should be royal blue.
In inclement weather, if children come to school in wellington boots, they should change into their school shoes once at school.
The correct PE uniform should consist of:
- White Top
- Black/Blue shorts
- A pair of plain black or navy blue jogging trousers/tracksuit bottoms/leggings.
- A plain blue/grey sweatshirt for outdoor games lessons during the winter months (for hygiene reasons this should not be the school sweatshirt)
- A pair of trainers.
- It would also be useful to have a spare pair of socks.
Children are expected to change for P.E. and games for hygiene and safety reasons.
The uniform is available to order from sptuniforms.co.uk
If a replacement tie is required, please contact the school office.
For health and safety reasons the wearing of jewellery is discouraged. If a child has pierced ears then they should wear plain studs only (no dangly earrings or brightly coloured earrings). When taking part in P.E. and games, children are required to remove all jewellery on the grounds of safety. If ear-rings are not removed then they must be covered with tape - this should be provided by parents/carers. We request rings should not be worn as they can cause injury on the playground.
The wearing of nail polish is NOT part of the school uniform and should NOT be worn to school.