Funding for the PE and sport premium
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
How we use the PE and sport premium
We use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our academy already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the academy in future years
There are 5 key indicators that Worlaby Academy strives to demonstrate improvement in:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the academy as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Worlaby Academy vision for physical and emotional well being
Physical Education is extremely important to us at Worlaby Academy. Through our curriculum and extra curricular activities we aim for our children to be inspired to engage in physical activity, raise their attainment and develop a lifelong active lifestyle that is both enjoyable and fulfilling. We believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities will have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children. Our PE and sport aspires to build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills enabling each child to be the best they can be. We aim to provide the pupils with opportunities to take part in team sports and competitions, and we aim to provide good and outstanding PE lessons across all key stages.
You can read more about how we utilise the Sport Premium funding on our Statutory Information page here.