Views of the Academy
At least annually, we questionnaire parents and pupils to ascertain the stakeholders views of the academy.
You can read comments from parents and children below.
The results are always sent to you by letter and published on the website.
If you have any comments in the mean time, please feel free to speak to any member of staff.
Our school is awe-inspiring! - Holly (Year 6)
Lessons are fun and challenging. It's an epic school because there are no bullies! - Laura Year 6
It is a fantastic school and it's really enjoyable as the lessons are challenging - Chelsea (Year 6)
We have buddies and this is the first school I have been to that has buddies. They make you feel safe - Elise (Year 5)
The teachers at Worlaby academy are good at educating people - Elliott (Year 5)
WorlabyAcademy is a school of friendship and fun education. Its full of friends you can make and amazing clubs. Worlaby academy is the best! (Cerakai Year 4)
Worlaby is amazing and has the best teachers. The best thing Ilike to do is PE with Mrs Grey. I like Worlaby academy (Year 4)
Our school is the best school you could possibly imagine. You can use lots of resources. I could stay at school forever! The teachers at our school help us if we are stuck or if we aren't! We go on lots of trips and they are lots of fun! (Bethany Year 4)
I like it at Worlaby because I like spellings (Harvey Year 3)
I enjoy being at Worlaby academy; it is great fun. The work is nice and challenging and we have fun. There is lots of equipment to play with. The teachers are really kind. (Jessica-Jade Year 3)
There are great displays which help us with our work (Jack AB Year 2)
There are lovely dinner options (Thomas Year 2)
We have an amazing school! (Chloe Year 2)
Children are sensible (Ryan Year 1)
School is really nice (Rosie Year 1)
Thank you to all of the parents who returned their questionnaire in December 2019. We had an excellent response, the results of which demonstrate that you see the academy in a very positive light.
96% of you say your child is happy at the academy
100% of you say you child feels safe at our academy
96% believe pupils are well behaved
100% believe the school supports their child's wider development
96% believe there is a good range of subjects available to their child at this school
100% know their child can take part in lunchtime and after school clubs
96% would recommernd this school to other parents
Some comments from parents:
- Amazing school, and ***** seems very happy and is doing well.
- GREAT SCHOOL! The teaching staff are enthusiastic and caring towards my children. Thank you to all the staff who do the after school clubs. My girls love them, and have often come home excited about what they have been doing. It’s great that the clubs are free making them inclusive to all. A list of subject topics to be covered throughout the school year, would be helpful, so I can look up museums, places of interest etc. relating to the subject area so we can visit.
- I cannot thank everyone at the school enough for their support with ****. Everyone has given full support and commitment to ****. Please keep doing what you are doing. Special dates coming up would be useful on the weekly newsletter to save me having to check the school website. The more information in one place, the better.
- Both myself and my boys love this school. They definitely enjoy, it didn’t take them long to settle in. I would and have already recommended this school. Love it! And nothing to suggest for improvement. Well done and thank you
- We have been and continue to be, most impressed by all aspects of the school. Of particular, note 13, the holistic nature of the teaching philosophy – developing the non-academic progress of the children alongside the more traditional and measurable skills. I was very impressed to see all the team have equal opportunities at a recent inter-school sports event, putting all the children’s participation above winning. One minor improvement – having the events on the website is very useful, but having them also on a newsletter would be a good reminder and also a prompt to know that a new event has been added.
- Well organised school. Frequent communication to parents/letters. Approachable staff who listen and act accordingly. Supportive environment where my child is encouraged. Excellent reward and recognition (Star of the day/week). Newsletter well-structured and consistent – thought is applied to content each week. Road safety concerns were personally addressed and moved forward between Delta and Local Council in 2018 – successful outcome reached.
Details of all responses were sent to all families by letter. If you wish to see a reminder, please click on the documents below.We have looked at the results very carefully and know that we need to inform you where to find information that you require, most of which is here on the website or on the newsletter.
Once again we are very grateful for your feedback and value it highly. Thank you!